Explore our most popular how-to guides
How To Add A Category Folder Or Collection Folder
This feature allows you to easily organize your assets and files by using the Category and Collection folder
The Collections button is located in the upper left of the screen upon signing in.
First, we need to learn the two types of Folders; the Category Folder and Collection Folder. Below are itemized difference between Category Folder and Collection Folder.
1) Category Folder:
- Can only have one parent Category Folder (due to inheritance abilities)
- Can have multiple Categories or Collection Folders as direct children
- Can force a child Collection Folders to inherit content, permissions, custom tabs, fields, and data
- Can have its own ‘Category’ level content or just be used for navigational purposes
2) Collection Folder
- Can be in multiple parent Category Folders
- Cannot have a child folders
- May be forced to inherit: permissions, custom tabs, fields, and data from a parent category
- Can have its own content and/or inherit content from a parent Category
Adding a Category Folder:
1. To add a folder, click the 3 dots then click the “New Folder” button.
2. Enter your desired category folder name.
3. By default, root folder checkbox is checked. If you want it to be inside another root folder, just press the “is root folder” checkbox and the options will appear.
4. By default, the “Published” checkbox is checked. The published folder can be accessed by all types of user, while the unpublished folder can only be accessed by a certain type of users only.
5. Select the date range of the category folder.
6. Click “Save and Close” or “Save and Continue”.
Adding a Collection Folder:
1. To add a folder click the 3 dots. Then click the “New Folder” button.
2. Click the “Collection Folder Tab” button.
3. Enter your desired Collection folder name.
4. Enter your desired additional title. This will help optimize the search feature for you to easily navigate the collection folder.
5. Choose the Category folder where you want it to be created. If you don’t select any category folder, it will be created in the Unassociated folders.
6. By default, the published checkbox is checked. The published folder can be accessed by all types of user, while the unpublished folder can only be accessed by a certain type of users only.
7. Select the date range of the category folder.
8. Click “Save and Close” or “Save and Continue”.