When seeking to develop more effective operations in your organization, an enterprise digital asset management (DAM) system may be the best tool that you can adopt. After all, you want the company to grow and DAM systems can help you on your way to achieving that goal.
You may have continuing questions about the capabilities of a DAM system and how it can help you. Ultimately, the capabilities offered through a DAM system allow you to capitalize on a streamlined and connected process that will allow you to meet your objectives. This overview will spell out the core functions and features of enterprise DAM software so that you can accurately evaluate the immediate and long-term benefits of integrating this technology into your growing business.
What is a DAM system?
A DAM system streamlines your use of digital content. This means that many people can access the same content and make changes without difficulties in sharing. Instead, people are connected through real-time access to the most up-to-date versions of digital assets. A DAM system is easy to use and can be deployed quickly. It’s essentially a digital library that gives key stakeholders access to digital assets based on their access level.
What Are the Core Capabilities of an Enterprise DAM Solution?
Enterprise DAM solutions are systems better-suited for brands with many SKUs and/or many retailers and distributors. Here are some of their core capabilities:
- Enterprise digital asset management helps complex organizations ingest their assets. The benefit of a DAM system is that this can be done individually or as part of a group. You can also easily apply metadata to photography and other types of digital assets.
- Your digital assets are kept safe with access controls, which gives specific permissions based on the level of access permitted.
- Chances are, your enterprise has a lot of digital assets and you need to retrieve them quickly. An effective DAM system lets you do that. Modern DAM systems let you store your assets on cloud platforms.
- Based on your task, you need your assets in different formats. A DAM system allows you to convert your assets into the format you require, making it possible for you to achieve your objectives faster.
- Metadata is an important element of digital assets, particularly for the generation of information regarding how and when those assets are used. You can make this easier by using a DAM system.
- There may be a lot of versions of one asset. Using a DAM system makes it possible for you to monitor and trace these relationships and keep track of what’s been changed.
- Enterprise DAM solutions implement a structure for working with assets wherein each step builds on the step that came before it.
- You can search for your assets in many different ways.
- If you don’t need to download the asset or aren’t sure if you’ve got the right one, DAM systems make it possible to preview them.
- You can link your files with other files and ensure seamless publishing of assets.
Key Features of Enterprise Digital Asset Management
Regardless of their capabilities, all enterprise DAM solutions have common key features. These are organizing, searching, downloading, sharing, version control and history, and access control. Each of these are important for different reasons.
DAM systems are most useful for organizing the assets of an enterprise in one library. This makes it easier for all people within the enterprise to find what they need. This isn’t the only benefit of organizing digital assets though–it’s also important for leveraging and maximizing the potential of those assets.
A DAM system helps make it easier to find what you’re looking for in your assets through optimized searching elements such as keywords, attributes, and categories. This means that you don’t have to know the exact name of your digital asset; as long as you have a general idea of what you’re looking for, you can find it either by searching for an element (such as photographer’s name) or by searching a category.
DAM systems make it easy for you to get what you need, when you need it, and how you need it. This ties in to sharing and access control because formats and sizes can be changed if downloading permission is given, which means users can get digital assets quickly.
One of the most important features of a DAM system is the ability to share digital assets with relevant parties. You can do this using email, lightboxes, or brand portals.
Version Control and History
This is important when there are multiple people working on the same project. When changes are made, you want to be sure you’ve edited the right version and that the most up-to-date version is used going forward. You also want to keep track of previous versions in case a mistake is made. Enterprise DAM solutions enable you to keep up with changes and store version histories.
Enterprise DAM software supports the security of your digital assets because you can control who has access to which files. This can be done through user groups that have specific levels of authorization, creating a systemized approach to data access that helps you protect the assets of the enterprise.
A DAM system is a great option for those enterprises that embrace technology and the digital world. They can help in the optimization process, which will make it easier for the enterprise to adapt to changing markets. Moreover, by capitalizing on the capabilities of a DAM system, you’ll be able to create new standards for operations within the enterprise.
Find Out if Enterprise Digital Asset Management is for You
When seeking to develop more effective operations in your organization, an enterprise digital asset management (DAM) system may be the best tool that you can adopt. The capabilities offered through a DAM system allow you to capitalize on a streamlined and connected process that will help you to meet your objectives.
Contact us if you’ve got questions or want to know more about how a DAM system can benefit your business.